Important Information on Our Privacy Practices
North Olympic Healthcare Network (NOHN) keeps record of the healthcare services we provide you.
You have the right to a copy of your health record. Generally, NOHN uses your health information for purposes of treatment, payment or healthcare operations. We will not disclose your protected health information to others or for other purposes unless you direct us to do so, or unless the law authorizes or compels us.
How will we use or disclose your information? Here are a few examples:
- When we set up an appointment for you.
- When the doctor prescribes medication.
- If we refer you to another provider.
- When we order lab work for you.
- Appointment reminders.
- To obtain payment for our services.
- To contact you to provide information about our services.
You have certain rights regarding the information we maintain about you. These rights include:
- The right to be notified in the event of a breach.
- The right to opt out of communications for fundraising or marketing purposes.
- The right to restrict disclosures to a health plan concerning treatment for which you have paid out of pocket in full.
- The right to inspect, copy and request an amendment to any health information.
- The right to request a restriction on the health information (including psychotherapy notes) we use or disclose about you for treatment, payment or healthcare operations.
- You have the right to request who we communicate with about your health care and the method or location that you choose.
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with NOHN or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. All complaints must be submitted in writing, and all complaints will be investigated without repercussion to you.
Any requests stated above need to be in writing and submitted to the NOHN HIPAA Privacy Officer. See 45 C.F.R. § 164.524.
To obtain a full version of the Notice of Privacy Practices, please contact NOHN at 360-452-7891, 240 West Front Street, Port Angles, WA 98362.
Website Privacy Statement
Thank you for visiting North Olympic Healthcare Network’s website. We appreciate your interest in our organization.
North Olympic Healthcare Network is dedicated to protecting your information and making sure it is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
North Olympic Healthcare Network website may have links to other websites that are not under its control, and North Olympic Healthcare Network is not responsible for the content of any linked websites, or any link contained within a linked website, or any changes or updates to such websites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by North Olympic Healthcare Network of that website.
This Privacy Statement applies only to the North Olympic Healthcare Network website. Please be aware that North Olympic Healthcare Network is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of every website that requests personal information from you.
North Olympic Healthcare Network reserves the right to change our privacy policies at any time. This Privacy Statement will be kept up-to-date and clearly posted on our website.
This site is the property of North Olympic Healthcare Network. Any unauthorized reproduction or illegal use of this material will be penalized. If you would like to use any material on this site, please contact North Olympic Healthcare Network for more information.