Telehealth Visits with NOHN Providers
We are pleased to provide NOHN patients with telehealth visits—audio/visual, real-time visits with their providers. These visits take place on a scheduled basis, for appropriate problems. Some of the visit types that may particularly lend themselves to telehealth visits include the following:
- Review the results of lab tests or x-rays with your provider.
- Attend a therapy session in the comfort of your own home.
- Follow up on diagnoses, learning how to manage conditions that may be new to you.
- Some post-surgery sessions are appropriate for telehealth visits. Ask your provider.
- Some pre-procedure visits that focus on introducing you to the procedure are appropriate via telehealth. Check to see if this would fit for your situation by contacting NOHN first.
- Telehealth may be a good option for discussing your medications with your provider, especially if you have concerns about any unintended changes you’re experiencing.
Simple and secure, telehealth visits are nearly always covered by insurance. Similar to face-to-face office visits, telehealth video visits may be subject to co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles.
Well in advance of your appointment:
- Please ensure you can log into your MyChart account and confirm that you can see your appointment.
- Check that you have a stable internet connection. Connect to WiFi at home or through a secure WiFi connection. Do not use public WiFi (i.e., Starbucks).
- Choose your device:
- A mobile device with camera for a video consultation and microphone/speakers.
- A desktop computer or laptop (Windows or Mac) with a built-in camera and microphone/speakers. You can also use a web camera plugin and headphones.
- All mobile devices, tablets, and some laptops will require you to download the Zoom Cloud Meeting app.
- If you are using a device that requires downloading the app, search for “Zoom Cloud Meetings” in your app store and download it to your device. Please allow access to camera and microphone when prompted.
What to do on the day of your visit:
- Choose a quiet and comfortable place in your home.
- Please expect a phone call from a NOHN staff member approximately 10 minutes prior to your appointment. If you have a blood pressure cuff and/or thermometer at home, please have it available during this call.
- Log into your MyChart account from your mobile device or computer.
- Tap on “Visits” or “Appointments” from the main menu. This looks different on some devices.
- Click “Appointments and Visits”
- Find your future video appointment and click “Details” to find the “Begin Video Visit” button.
- At your appointment time, click on the “Begin Video Visit” button to start your appointment.
- After Zoom has opened, you will be taken into a ‘virtual waiting room’. Your provider will join you shortly.
For Zoom technical support, please call 844-943-1076.